Thursday 9 April 2020

Tormented Dreams by Poppy Flynn

I have the lovely Poppy Flynn visiting me today with her latest release
TORMENTED DREAMS



BLURB:

Grace Miller has worked hard at her career as a Human Rights lawyer, but with her fortieth birthday looming, she is desperate to settle down and start a family, and she knows she is running out of time. She thought she had found the perfect man when she met sadist, Dr. Xavier Diaz, the ideal foil for her own masochistic tendencies. 


Everything between them seems to gel effortlessly, making it look like a match made in heaven...until she finds out that Xavier's own dream is to have a 'remote' 24/7 M/s relationship. 


Publisher's Note: This steamy BDSM romance contains graphic scenes and a theme of power exchange. 


EXCERPT:

Xavier directed Grace along the corridor to the next theme room, which happened to be the headmaster's study. There, a sub, dressed up in a sexy take of a British schoolgirl uniform, complete with stockings and garter belt, was sobbing and screaming somewhat theatrically as a she got the cane.

"Do you enjoy roleplay?" he asked, noting the anticipatory gleam in her eyes as she followed every movement of the Dom's hand.

"I've never really had the opportunity to try it," she replied distractedly, her gaze still fixed on the implement.

"Is it something you might like to sample?"

Grace furrowed her brow but didn't turn away from the scene, and he thought he detected a small sigh when the cane found its target once again. As the Dom finally moved to provide aftercare, Grace wrenched her eyes away from the floor to ceiling viewing window and gave him her undivided attention.

"I'm not sure," she replied, still frowning in contemplation. "It's not something I feel like I'm missing in my life. I suppose it might be a fun interlude if I wanted something different for a change, but in general, I like my slice of pain served neat and without frills," she told him boldly as they wandered across to the next window.

"A woman after my own heart," Xavier said lightly as they stopped to look inside the suspension room where Master Logan, another of the co-owners, had his wife, Luanna—or Serenity, as she was known at the club—bound in complicated Shibari work. He was in the process of suspending her rather artistically, one of his greatest pleasures.

"You're a sadist?" Grace queried. Had he detected the slightest breathiness in her voice, or was that just wishful thinking?

"Indeed I am. Master X, at your service," he said with a brief, formal bow.

"What about you? Are you an exhibitionist as well?" he enquired, the scenes playing out through the glass walls forgotten. "Or do you prefer privacy?"

"I'm not bothered, either way," she admitted. "I'm only in it for the scene, at the end of the day. It doesn't bother me to be on display, but it's not something I need to be fulfilled. Neither is a club, to be honest. It's just the only way to meet prospective Doms when you're single. I don't trust that kind of thing to internet chat. I need the security of a respected club so that I can meet people who have been vetted, but I'm perfectly happy to scene in private once I'm comfortable that I'm in good hands."

"Very sensible," Xavier agreed approvingly. "I should have asked before; do you use a club name for anonymity?"

They had passed a few more theme rooms, the Sultan's throne room, the wet room, and the French boudoir, and had given each one a little time and contemplation, albeit cursory. But none of them had lit Grace's expression as much as watching the caning.


Purchase Links: 



Author Bio:

Poppy Flynn was born in Buckinghamshire, UK and moved to Wales at eight years old with parents who wanted to live the 'self-sufficiency' lifestyle.
Today she still lives in rural Wales and is married with six children.
Poppy's love of reading and writing stemmed from her parents’ encouragement and the fact that they didn't have a television in the house. 

"When you're surrounded by fields, cows and sheep, no neighbours, no TV and the closest tiny village is four miles away, there's a certain limit to your options, but with books your adventures and your horizons are endless." 
Poppy x 


Follow her here: 

Amazon: amazon.com/author/poppyflynnsaucyauthor 





No comments:

Post a Comment